Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

This was my first go-round with spaghetti squash, so I was a little nervous. I typically am not the biggest fan of any type of squash, but I pulled the trigger and purchased two spaghetti's at the farmers market this past weekend. Roasting the squash was easy, and took about 45 mins with some EVOO. I sampled it plain, and it tasted amazing! I'll be making "hot naked" with my second of the two squashes, so stay tuned!

For spaghetti squash casserole, I roasted one squash, browned one pound of hamburger with pepper and fresh garlic, and when the meat was done and drained I added a pinch of thyme, oregano, parsley, then mixed in a can of chunky veggie spaghetti sauce, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 block cream cheese, 1 cup parm cheese, some hot peppers straight from the garden (thanks, Hubbel!), red bell pepper, and the squash. I put it all right back in the 9x13 I had roasted the squash in, topped it with cracked pepper and parm cheese and baked till bubbly. Then I topped it with a bag of sharp cheddar and more parm, and broiled it until the cheese browned. I may or may not have had 2 BIG helpings of this, and after husband followed suit, we froze the rest into individual servings for quick meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment