Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Putting those old wine bottles to use

I think we collected about 500 {okay, more like 50} wine bottles for our wedding centerpieces:

Now that the big day has come and passed, we've got several pinterest-inspired DIY crafts around the bend, mainly for holidays and such. One thing, though, that I've been doing in the meantime, is wrap them in yarn. We have 4 on our banister at the top of the stairs, one in each color, and now, we've added one to the downstairs. This wine bottle is very impressive in size, being over 2x as tall as a standard sized wine bottle. It was practically BEGGING me to wrap it in yarn, and well, ask and you shall receive.


I initially planned to put this on top of our movie armoire, here:
{p.s., that super large matted frame, was an old painted image purchased for Goodwill for 1.99! Don't pass these up when you find them people!}

But, I quickly discovered that it's towering heights covered up our wall decal and made the space look too cluttered.



So, it ended up finding a home on the mantle ledge, and we like the height that it creates in that space. Wine bottle, free. Yarn, 2.99. Easy DIY project. DO it! {Also, if you need any free wine bottles, I know where you can get some!! ME!}
I beg  you not to judge my dirty fireplace. :)

I may go around this one more time to make it one layer thicker, because in certain light, you can still see the wine bottle label. That'll teach me to be lazy. oh well. I may just turn it around. The jury is still out on that one. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do this project! Need to get on that one...and may just have to take you up on the wine bottle offer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE do! I have extra wine bottles coming out of my ears!

      Delete