Thursday, July 11, 2013

Green Thumb attempts

This year I really stepped up my landscaping game. By that, I mean I actually attempted to do more than just keep our pre-existing landscaping alive.

This year, I created 3 potted plant arrangements, and planted.a.tree.

Pot #1 appropriately set the theme:



Pot #2 for the front steps:



Pot #3 was an unexpected holder of overflow flowers. Since this picture was taken, these flowers have taken OVER this pot! They look so pretty!

Last, but CERTAINLY not least, Grandpa & Grandma H. gifted me with a cherry blossom tree for my birthday this year. What a creative and thoughtful gift! I saw this strain (?) of cherry blossom while in Chicago for work and posted it on my Facebook to see if anyone knew what it was. Fast forward a year later and it became my birthday present! I think Mr. A and I almost killed each other trying to plant the thing along the side of the house, both of us having NO idea what the heck we were doing and nervous that we'd kill the thing. 

We weren't even sure if we should expect leaves this year, but, about a month after we planted it, we walked outside one morning to notice this development:






And there you have it. Next year, Ill try to venture even further out of my plant killing box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment