Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Washi Love

I finally jumped aboard the washi train. Washi tape has been making an appearance on my pinterest feed, craft sites, and blogs I follow as of late.  My inspiration?? This:

http://www.brit.co/washi-workspace/

I jumped at the opportunity to cover my laptop in colorful washi...it should really come as no surprise. I was the kid who ordered the 100 sticker packs from my Scholastic Book Orders, and upon their arrival, covered the side of my dresser with every last one. Unlike washi tape, those stickers were a little more resistant at coming off. So resistant in fact, that as I gathered and packed my things to head off to college, I gave a quick goodbye smile to my sticker-embellished dresser, a forever reminder of the decor commitment I had made 11 years earlier. 

Washi tape must have been made for me. It enables me to add a little unconventional fun to my space without the commitment and lifetime of adhesive that not even Goo Gone could touch.

Finding these for less than 2.00 a pop, it was a cheap weeknight project. I was surprised at how well an exacto knife worked at getting the tape to perfectly cover each key.

My take on the washi-covered keyboard:




Stay tuned for part 2, DIY laptop skin!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Kaydin has been wanting to get some of this when we go to the store. I'll have to cave next time ;)

    ReplyDelete