Saturday, February 22, 2014

Glitter + wood = good

Got a little antsy for a DIY project today since the weather is still too cold to go outside and play with other rehab projects. I found this flat piece of firewood in our stack and felt like it was saying "I'm perfect for a sign!"

I did a gold glitter "hello" sign for inside our mantle built-in. 


It was easy--I just brushed on my letters with a small paintbrush and Elmer's glue, then doused the whole thing with glitter (after sitting my wood inside a cookie sheet so I could tap off all the excess). 

{sorry for the dark, grainy photos!}

Post-project follow up: when I attempted to get all the excess glitter back in the bottle, I lost my grip on the cookie sheet and, well, let's just say that it looks like Lady Gaga threw up in my kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment