Saturday, March 22, 2014

Wine Cork Monogram

No wine bottles were harmed in the making of this craft. :)

This project was easy and tedious all at the same time; I was tasked with making this wedding gift for a wine lover and am happy to report that it went off without a hitch! 

Arm yourself with a ton of glue sticks, a ton of wine corks, and a sturdy base. I had thought first to use cardboard backed with felt and before I even started cutting out the cardboard letter frame I decided that it wasn't such a good idea. I ended up using an unfinished wooden letter. The bonus: it had pre-cut mounting  hardware on the back!

I started the corks slightly hanging over the edge of the frame so that the exposed wood couldn't be seen from the front. It's also important to think about placement before getting all glue crazy...just sayin. I don't know from experience..

The project took about 2 hrs in total to complete, start to finish, and was a great way to deplete the stash of corks a bit!

Try making your own! Or shoot me a comment if you're interested in me making one for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment