Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

This Mother's day was extra special because it was also Mr. A & I's 1 year wedding anniversary. Holy Cow!

For Mothers gifts I tried my hand at the popular "sharpie mugs" that have been popping up every few days in my Pinterest feed. I decided to go with a tea theme, and each mug was different.

First, I picked up some tea cups. These are from Target's Threshold line. Swoon.
Next, I armed myself with some metallic gold and black sharpies and went to work:









The backs were all embellished with a sharpie-drawn tea-tag:

Then, what would a hand-drawn tea cup be if not accompanied by a home-baked treat!
I found this idea for tea-bag shaped shortbread cookies on www.ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com


I used Ina Garten's shortbread cookie recipe. 3 STICKS OF BUTTER!? {Sorry fam!}

They were super simple to make, and surprisingly great! (Ive never met a cookie I didn't ruin in the oven) 





No comments:

Post a Comment