Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dessert Table Label


{...say that five times real fast}

As an experiment in testing out new areas of interest, I am helping an old boss with her wedding this June. I've gotten a chance to dabble in a little bit of the last minute decor items she needed help with. In the simplest of simples, she was looking for a cute way to identify flavors at her dessert table. Her wedding has a classy rustic feel, with neutral hues of wood, burlap, lace, and baby’s breath, accented by a pop of navy blue.


Her reception is at a local winery, so I dug deep down into my stash of wine corks, snagged some seriously cheap unfinished wood squares from Hobby Lobby, and armed myself with my chalkboard paint {this really shouldn't even surprise you}.



I chalk painted both sides of the bare wood forms and let them dry. Then, I picked out as many different brands of wine corks as I could find, and hot glued one to the front and back base of the wood form.




{love}



No comments:

Post a Comment