Sunday, July 29, 2012

Laundry "Room"

Our laundry-room is my least favorite area of our house. I envision a whole ROOM devoted to laundry, with crazy organization systems and bright, crisp shelves, ironing boards, drying racks, ect. Mom-in-law has the BEST laundry space. I have, well, a closet. This may be hidden  99% of the time behind bi-fold doors, but I felt like this was the perfect space to give a trial run to what I envision my someday laundry mansion to feel like: old rustic pieces, crisp white and tans and deep blues, see-through jars of detergent and stain fighter, you name it! The washer/dryer pedestal was our very first ever pin on pinterest that we actually gave life to! This is version 2, as the first version was ruined with our washer/dryer issue.



Kevin HATES these safety pins. But he loves me enough to slap them on the wall regardless! The best part, they open/close!!!

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/











I love the look of a cupboard with one door always open, filled with knick knacks: navy and white towels in a galvanized tub, burlap bean-bag, canvas pillow, apothecary jar of laundry powder, and a tea tin. (recognize this? It's the mate of the one on the mantle!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment