Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What's in a Lamp?


Can you believe we tried to sell this old lamp at our garage sale last month!?! Dummy!

Ive honestly been surprised lately at the projects that have popped out to me using stuff I already have around the house. Im not sure why we always have this need to get rid of our own junk, and go search out other people's junk. Maybe we just get too used to looking at it, so it no longer seems appealing, even to rehab, but either way, Im glad I gave this lamp a second chance. I have another just like it if someone is itching to try a lamp re-do of their own and wants to award my garage with some more free space. :)

Let me tell you, it was no quick task taping off the glass, cord, and lighting fixtures to paint all of the nickel a satin-y (official term, ya?) black.

But after 2 trips to the local big box store to find right jute cord to match the color of burlap we have, and an all day "burlap flower" experimentation session, Im SO glad this lamp hasn't lost a place in our home just yet! :) Im really into black and tan right now, is it obvious?







No comments:

Post a Comment